Why Go Mobile?
- 60% of consumers search for local businesses on their smartphone
- 70% of all searches on mobile result in action within an hour (according to Social Media Today)
- Despite this, companies are still a bit slow-going when it comes to developing a mobile experience for their customers
Why are companies dragging when it comes to creating a mobile experience?
In the past, mobile app and mobile website creation wasn’t always affordable, not to mention the fact that it was a lengthy process. In the past, one must have a good working knowledge of coding, HTML and more to be able to create a website, much less a mobile app. And the costly fees for these types of experts often stopped business owners in their tracks.
Nowadays, mobile strategy creation is much easier and worlds more affordable, but business owners haven’t quite jumped fully on the bandwagon yet. It has taken time for the affordability and ease of creating mobile apps to reach the masses, but it is happening, albeit slowly. More and more, SMBs are joining the fray and designing mobile apps that compete with their larger counterparts.
Huge, multi-million dollar companies have joined the app movement and are seeing huge revenues as a result. Some of those companies include:
These are just four of the major food chains that have joined the app bandwagon, and smaller businesses are following suit.
These mobile apps allow the customer to do all sorts of things that allow for ease and convenience, including:
- Place orders and pay through their app
- Collect rewards points and incentives
- Get simple customer service
- Location-based offers